Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pancakes and the Letter P

This week, we made pancakes and wore pajamas in honor of the letter "P". We talked about following a recipe when we cook, we took turns mixing the batter, and we learned about different states of matter. We watched pancake mix turn from a solid to a liquid when we added milk to it. We watched our pancakes cook and then we did the best thing! We ate them! Yum-Yum!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

A few of my favorite pancake books...


Ms. J said...

I love your activities for the letter P. I am teaching a k/1 split in the fall and have never done Kindergarten before. Do you have activities you did for every letter of the alphabet?


April Larremore said...

I do have activities I do for every letter of the alphabet. I started a list of them this afternoon. I will finish tomorrow and post it for you :)

Aly said...

Did you have a letter that you sent home to parents? We are thinking about doing something very similar at my school, but we need to send a cute little letter home. Just wondering if you had a copy so we do not recreate the wheel? :)

Mrs. Larremore said...

I looked to see if I had a note saved, but I did not. Sorry :( I have only realized recently I need to SAVE everything I make :)