Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Heart Crafty Things

I just found a new crafty blog with tons of great connections to children's literature. It is called I Heart Crafty Things. There are tons of pictures and step by step examples for the projects. You will love it!!

Here are just a few of the ideas I came across....

Based on the book "Piggies" by Don and Audrey Wood.



Based on the book "The Very Lonely Firefly" by Eric Carle.


Based on the book "This Little Pirate" by Philemon Sturges.


Would work great with the books "Centipede's One Hundred Shoes" by Tony Ross or "Speed, Speed, Centipede: Counting by Tens" by Michael Dahl.

8 comments:

Kinderpond said...

Love this site! Thanks for sharing- I am pinning a whole bunch of the ideas on Pinterest.

Jennifer

Crayons and Curls said...

Too cute! :)

Littlest Learners said...

I heart the pirate! Googly eyes get me everytime.

❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Busy Bees said...

I heart craft things, too. This is usually what gets my wallet in trouble!! I am doing a pirate theme this year, so I especially loved the pirate craft!!
BusyBees

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

Hi April. I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to you for sharing a link to my blog! You are so very sweet! When I logged into my blog tonight I saw that I gained 34 followers just today and I believe you are the reason why. Wish I could hug you right now. :)

I am so impressed with your blog and ideas and can't wait to explore it more!

Rachel

Mrs. Larremore said...

Awwwww....Rachel..... Thanks!! I love all your great ideas!! Thanks for sharing them!!

Fran Kramer said...

These are so simple and so cute. I really love them. I think the firefly with band aids(?)is the cutest thing I have ever seen. It is so clever and what a great project for kindergarten. i am so amazed by the creative thinking out there and I love easy!
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Adorable ideas! The pirate cover is just the cutest!