Thursday, July 7, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples

This week we learned all about apples. We Read The Season's of Arnold's Apple Tree and painted seasonal trees. We learned about the parts of an apple and why each part is important. We made brace maps to help us remember what we learned. We made a real object graph using apples we brought from home. Then we tasted all the different kinds of apples. We drank apple juice and ate apple pie. We had an "apple-icious" week!

A few of my favorite books about apples...

For more ideas on apples, see the posts Apple Unit and Apples, Apples, Apples.


The Thomas Family said...

I found your website by way of pintrest and I am so glad I did. I am homeschooling my kiddos, but I have taught for the past 8 years. I came from a Thinking Maps School and I am so glad to see your Thinking Maps! Definitely going in my favorites!