Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living and Non-Living Sort

On Friday, I taught one of the living and non-living lessons I posted the other day. As part of the lesson, I had students work in small groups to sort living and non-living pictures. I created pictures for the sort and thought I would share them.

Important points to remember- Once a living thing, always a living thing- meaning...living things can die and then are no longer alive, but they are still considered a living thing. For example: logs are no longer alive but they came from a tree that was a living thing so they are a living thing.

Also, focus in on the fact that living things can move but not all things that move are living things- for example:a clock, a car, water, etc.

Liv Nonliv Sort

4 comments:

phasejumper said...

I added this to my March to-do list! Thank you!

billi said...

thank you for this!! I have been working on something like this, but it didn't turn out near as cute as yours.

Fran said...

Wow- My class loves to sort. I can print these out and put them in teams to put on a tree map.
Thank you for being so generous and helpful.

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

Thank you! We are getting ready to start this and I have been trying to get materials ready!
Jenea
www.seedsofnoledge.blogspot.com