Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Science Stuff

I have been looking for science ideas for my first grade teachers for next six weeks. They will be teaching about plants, plant parts, living and non-living, and interdependence. The following downloads are the best ideas I found during my search. If anyone has things they do in their classroom to teach these concepts, please leave a comment and share it with us all. Be sure to check out the power points I found in the interdependence unit. There are some really good ones there to use in teaching the concept of animal adaptations.

Interdependence

Here are a few more living and non-living ideas I found after I made the other unit.
Investigating Living and Nonliving

Investigating Plants

9 comments:

Ladybug said...

These are great units. Thank you for posting them! :)

Ms. A's Class said...

Thanks for sharing your hard work!
Ms. A
Oceans of First Grade Fun

Rachelle said...

Love all of it! Thanks so much! These are GREAT!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Thanks! I can not get the plant mini unit to download. The "download" button is gray.

Renny said...

Thanks so much! Your're too generous.

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

Thank you so much!We are getting ready to do a plant unit and this comes at just the right time!
Jenea
www.seedsofnoledge.blogspot.com

Alysia Battista said...

Very cute! I have taught PreK-5 science and technology labs for 2 years. I'm moving on to a resource room position but my blog might be helpful! Here it is - alysiabattista.blogspot.com

Heather's Heart said...

Thank you for sharing this post. I am a Texas teacher and love how this meets those TEKS.

I have some things I can send you.

We did a little plant snack the other day that I would love for you to come check out!

Heather
Heather's Heart

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for these units! Is there a way to download these without paying to join the site? Could you please email me at samorron@indiana.edu?

Thank you!!