Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heidisongs Letter Combination and Diagraph Flashcards

I love all of Heidi's products! They have been instrumental in helping my kids learn letters and sounds. It seems to me that young children can learn anything through music and song. Her sight word CD's are my absolute FAVORITE!! If you do not have them already.... YOU NEED THEM. When my students are writing and reading and they have trouble with a word wall word, they break into song and it helps them figure it out and write the word or read it.

Through the posts to Deanna's big giveaway, I discovered Heidi's Sounds Fun- Phonics Flash Cards. These cards look like a definite must for kinder and first grade classrooms- especially for this time of year! There are 25 cards in the set covering 25 different letter combinations and diagraphs. Go to Heidi's site to see sample cards in the set and to watch a short video of how they are used. The cards offer a visual for kids and they are able to respond to them physically and verbally- capturing all of the learning styles. What a great way to learn!! When your students get stumped on these letter combinations and diagraphs when they are reading and writing, they can just start through the motions and the sayings and figure the words out on their own. I love it!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Saoud said...

I purchased this set a year ago and it is worth the buy! I looped with my kids and continue to use the cards in 2nd grade, especially with my low readers. Heidi has large cards for whole group practice, medium cards for smaller groups, and a sheet with filled with small cards. She suggested placing this sheet at your writing station. My kids have written creative stories using her characters and sounds.

Cheryl
saouds2ndgraders.blogspot.com

S. Parker said...

I have the set, too. I love using them with my at risk students during guided reading. It is a wonderful resource. What I love is that it is created for ALL leathers in mind!

www.learningwithmrsparker.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just discovered all these wonderful K-1 blogs during Christmas break and love, love, love all the wonderful ideas and pictures that all the bloggers have shared but now everybody has jumped on the TPT bandwagon (and I can't blame them, they put in a lot of work) but lately all the blogs have now turned into "commercials" for the products and giveaways. :(

Kathleen said...

I have these cards and LOVE them! I use the small set with my kiddos on almost a daily basis. If they are "searching" for the right sound when they are writing all I have to do is the action, and they have it! Such a great way to teach these sounds!

growingkinders.blogspot.com

Dan Gurney said...

I got to know Heidi when she first started out at the California Kindergarten conference some years ago. She's great. I especially like the ones that teach the "sight" words.