Monday, January 24, 2011

a few of my favorite posts...

I have been so busy with grad school, that I have gotten very behind on posting. At the end of last week, I got the chance to look through my blog roll and I found these great ideas! Be sure to check them out!

From the ABC and 123’s – Students created rain gauges and learned about wind and weather. Great science ideas!

Swap Frogs- They read Little Critter’s Snowman Soup then students wrote and illustrated how they would make “Snowman Soup” using words such as first, next, then, and last.

Mrs. Wheeler’s Tidbits – a great lesson on adjectives using the book Many Luscious Lollipops

Literacy and Laughter- They have lots of new little critters in their room here- they are setting up a classroom aquarium- I love the scrapbook fish they made and then labeled

First Grade Parade- you will find a great snowman game working on place value and teen numbers- I love the snowmen the students made with marshmallows and paint to go with the book Snowmen at Night – you will also find some great snowman how-to writing on this blog

Growing Kinders- has a great hot chocolate missing numbers game and sight word game
Learning Adventures- checkout the snowman estimation activity
Primary Perspective – you will find a great idea for a verb lesson and a groundhog unit

Musings of Me- I love all of the Trekking across the United States activities

First Grader…at last! – I Love the pink penguins!

Crayon Bits- “Did you know?” – students learn about someone famous, then make a portrait of them and write a few facts about what they learned

Mrs. Guntorius’ Kindergarten Class- skip counting using real mittens and a clothesline

A Place Called Kindergarten- Stranger in the Snow book and activity

Kim Adsit and Kathleen Pedersen have new 100th day units on Teachers Pay Teachers.

I am sure I missed lots of other great ideas!! There were so many posts!! and I really loved them all!

1 comments:

Amy Rider said...

Thanks for the shout out!! It made my day! : )