Saturday, August 7, 2010

Kissing Hand Hunt For Chester

This idea came from one of my former teammates. Last year, instead of hunting for the Gingerbread Man, we hunted for Chester the Raccoon from the book The Kissing Hand. We read letters and followed raccoon prints around the school (I made black construction paper raccoon prints and taped them in various places all around the school) to learn where places were and who the people in our school were. When we made it back to our room, there were Hershey kisses waiting for us! Go to The Kissing Hand Hunt to download the masters for the letters. They are in Word format so you can replace my staff names with your own.

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Thank you for sharing this! It sounds really cute and we are planning to do the Kissing Hand for our first day of school at Head Start!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great idea. I clicked on the the link, but it wasn't there :(

Melissa from Puddin Pop Designs said...

I would love to get a copy of this but the link is not there. Can you email it to me? Thanks a bunch!

Mrs. Larremore said...

Email me and I will send it to you :)
April.larremore@gpisd.org

Anonymous said...

I Also Interested In Using Your

kissing Hand Hunt This Year. Can You Send Me A Copy Also? My Email Is Wdbtchr3@Aol.Com.........Thank You So Much!!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, is there any way to get the link working? I would love to get the hunt pages too!
Annette

Mrs. Larremore said...

Annette,

What is your email address?

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Its mapleview2012@gmail.com
Thanks, Annette

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am interested in the hunt too, could you please e-mail it to me. andrea_faiers@hotmail.com
Thank you,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hello

Could you please email me the hunt as well. Thank you
Gina

gdeparasis27@aol.com

Chelsea Simmons said...

I would love the document as well :) it's my first year as a Kindergarten teacher and I could use all the help I can get!

Csims24@optonline.net