Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to School Ideas

Read the book We Share Everything by Robert Munsch. Have students brainstorm good things to share and bad things to share in kindergarten. Chart their answers and then create a class book.




Make a class book based on Dr. Jean's song I've Got the Whole Alphabet In My Mouth.




Graph how many letters are in your name and then make a class book.




Read the book Potluck. Have a potluck day. Students bring an item to school that starts with the first letter of their name. Take a picture of each student with their item. Then put them in a class book. Of course, you will have to eat all of the food items that are brought!! Yum!! This is the kids' favorite part!






Go on a letter hunt. Place some kind of letters (paper, stuffed, magnetic, etc.) in the middle of the circle. Sing the chant and have a student find the letter you are looking for.
We're going on a letter hunt, a letter hunt, a letter hunt.
We're going on a letter hunt, to find the letter (A).



Read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. Then act out the story and make a class book.




4 comments:

Deana Aumalis said...

I love all your class books....thanks for inspiring me! I need to dig out some of the ones I have done in the past and do some blogging!!!

MissL said...

Don't know how I have managed not to stumble onto your blog until now, but I love it! Found you through a pinterest post. Check out my blog and grab my button if you like it. I noticed you don't have many preschool blog links and I haven't really found all that many either... Anyways, thanks for the ideas!!

Mrs. Larremore said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. I just added it to my roll.

rachel pollard said...

Thank you so much for sharing your blog! This is going to be my first year in K last year I taught preK for my first year teaching ever. I love the kissing hand. Could I get the cover as well? rachelapollard@gmail.com
I promise to pay it forward!