Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reader's Theater

I found this resource for doing Reader's Theater in kindergarten. Heidi offers a number of tips for doing reader's theater, a list of suggested stories to use, and a video clip of her class doing a part of Mrs. Wishy Washy. Heidisongs Resources.



Here are a few pictures of my class performing The Mitten by Jan Brett. I printed animal headbands from Jan Brett's web site. One student was the narrator and the rest of the children joined in throughout the reading. When the bear sneezed, all of the animals jumped out of the mitten.I will post the words we used when we return to school after spring break.


2 comments:

maureen said...

Hi love your ideas! and wanted to know where you bought your book holder...I have been looking for one just like yours.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Maureen,

That picture is of Heidi Butkus from Heidisongs. She has a blog. You might try emailing her to see where she purchased it.