Friday, February 5, 2010

A Day For Love

Here are a few ideas for things I plan to do next week. I have several more. I will be posting pictures throughout the week as we do things.


The children used stickers and foam hearts to decorate the vest. This poem is printed on the envelope glued to the front:

I am a big, pretty heart.

I'm being sent to you.

I'm bringing hugs and kisses

To show that I love you!
Take a picture and use it to have the students make a valentine card for their family members.

Measure how wide your valentine is using linking cubes.


Sort hearts













These are a few of my favorite valentine books.





We read The Day it Rained Hearts and brainstorm other things it could rain.


Read the book Guess How Much I Love You and make valentine cards for parents or family members.



Read Clifford's First Valentine's Day and make a Clifford out of hearts.








Read the book The Jolly Postman. Learn what happens to your mail when it leaves your mailbox from the book How Mail Moves by Gail Gibbons. Write letters or cards to family members. Make a trip to a local post office to mail them if possible. TLC Lessons has a mailman in their People book.




brainstorm descriptive words for valentines

I like Valentines.
( )
( )
( )
( )
Any kind of Valentine.

I like Valentines.
A Valentine on ( ).
A Valentine in ( ).
A Valentine by ( ).
A Valentine near ( ).
I like Valentines.

I like Valentines.
( ) valentines.
( ) valentines.
( ) valentines.
( ) valentines.
I like valentines.

TLC Lessons has a heart in their Quilts book. The Lion was from a free lesson they posted.

0 comments: