Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Down on the Farm

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: farm unit
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


the kinderkorner website has a lot of good farm ideas- http://www.kinderkorner.com/farm.html

how to make butter- I buy heavy whipping cream and pour it into glass mason (canning) jars. I fill the jars about half way. I have my girls make one circle on the floor and my boys make another. The students take turns shaking the jar and passing it around the circle. After about 10 t0 15 minutes, the cream starts to turn from a liquid to a solid. When most of the liquid is gone, we refrigerate the butter for awhile and then eat it with crackers.

a few of my favorite farm books:









You Tube has a video from a very old episode of Sesame Street. It is called "The story of Bert's Blanket." It tells how the wool goes from sheep to blanket. This is a great video to use with the book "Farmer Brown Sheers His Sheep."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40v0i2tJ2tA&feature=PlayList&p=65D22A281E6FFB26&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=75

0 comments: