Friday, December 25, 2009

Celebrating the ABC's

I do not teach a letter a week, but I celebrate a letter a week. We have special days throughout the week to celebrate the letter. I teach all of the letters all of the time, but having special days to celebrate the letters makes student learning more fun and it makes it meaningful to them.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: letters
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

This is the book, Underwear, that we read on Big Underwear Day.

This is the Joe Scruggs' CD that has Big Underwear, the song, on it.

This site has the lyrics to the song and a sound clip on it.

I really like the book "No More Letter of the Week" for teaching the alphabet. I make the rhymes into a big book that we can use when learning and reviewing the letters and for students to use when they have free reading time or centers.